Friends of ours had a fire at their apartment two nights ago. The fire was actually in the apartment above theirs, but the damage from the smoke and water was so extreme that they have lost everything...at least that's what most people would tell you. But I really think they have gained. They are a strong Christian family and I know that although the next few weeks and even months will be difficult for them financially and emotionally, God provides. They will trust in Him and He will show them that He is good. We have been thanking God because no one was hurt in the fire and everyone got out safely. The fire department was quick to respond and quick to put out the fire. Our friends were able to get a few things out of the house...like clothes and some money. They have two young children, ages 6 and 4 (I think) and the most precious thing I've heard was their daughter telling Nana, "Nana, we were in Walmart at 1am buying shoes." This statement brought tears to my eyes as I heard it, but thank God that they ALL were there in the middle of the night and thank God that he provides to allow them to buy some of the necessities. As soon as I found out this news, I emailed everyone in our area telling them of the situation and asking for any donations of clothing or household goods...I found out that another friend of mine went out and bought the kids some brand new clothes...without even knowing who they are. God works miracles in all our lives and we are all so blessed. I am thankful for having such great friends who will come to the need of others.
I've been reading this book, God as He longs for us to see him by Chip Ingram. I'm currently reading the chapter on The Wisdom of God and he quotes an old professor saying "the wisdom of God tells us that God will bring about the best possible results, by the best possible means, for the most possible people, for the longest possible time." I guess the cliche of this is that everything happens for a reason...God's reason. We may not understand it, but He has our best interests in mind. We have to trust in Him in all we do and understand that He will bring us the best possible results. While thinking of our friends, I also thought of this chapter and am truly understanding and seeing exactly how God is working in their lives.
I ask that each of you please say a prayer for this family. Say a prayer to thank God for the awesomeness of the situation, for their willingness to listen to his calling and for their continued belief that God is all knowing and will bring about the best possible results for them.
And yet...
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment