About Me

Streetsboro, Ohio, United States
I am a Christian women and am living my life for God. I consider myself to be a New-Christian and am constantly working on improving my life with Christ. I have a wonderful, supportive husband who is always there to make me laugh. We have a 3 beautiful daughters and we are working on adding to our family.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Blessings

God is certainly working in my life. He is opening many doors and showing me his wisdom and power each day. Yesterday, I received one of his most precious gifts…I was baptized.

I started my Christian journey when I was born and was baptized catholic when I was a baby. I was raised Catholic and we went to mass pretty regularly as a family. I went thru CCD in order to make my first communion and around the time I was 12 we stopped going. I was thankful for that because I used to HATE getting up in the morning to go to CCD…especially on the weekends!! Other than that, we didn’t really participate at all with church functions or even with the people there. It was a very cold environment. When I was around 13 (8th grade) I had elected to take a Spanish class in school and there was this girl in my Spanish class, Kellie, who I quickly became friends with. We had gone to school together for a while, but we were never friends until this class. It’s amazing that, even so young, I can think back and see God working in my life. Kellie’s father was a pastor at the local Methodist church and I started going to youth group with Kellie and her family each week. I loved it. The people were all fantastic and her family took me in as one of their own. It wasn’t long before I started spending the night at Kellie’s house on Saturday night so I could go to Sunday school and church with her in the mornings. I think this routine continued on for about a year or so until my mom finally started coming with me to church. She enjoyed it too and really began her journey with Christ as well.

There is so much to learn about God, the Bible, Jesus, His purpose for us…I could go on and on about all there is to learn. But I’m thankful and blessed that I was baptized on Sunday and that my husband and daughter were there to support me. I truly will be living my life for Christ and will follow in his path for all the days of my life.

1 comment:

Katy said...

I'm so happy that it was such a good time for you. I'm bummed that we missed it!