About Me

Streetsboro, Ohio, United States
I am a Christian women and am living my life for God. I consider myself to be a New-Christian and am constantly working on improving my life with Christ. I have a wonderful, supportive husband who is always there to make me laugh. We have a 3 beautiful daughters and we are working on adding to our family.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting with me today. We are starting this site to document the process that we will go thru during the adoption of our additional "true blessings". I say "we" but it will most likely be me posting to this site. I thought I would start with some history about myself and how I got to the point in my life where I am now - - in love with a wonderful husband, raising a beautiful daughter, and above all a faithful believer in God.

I've always been obsessed with having a family. My plan (back when I was still in high school) was to get married young and have my first child when I was 21...I thought that was the perfect age because that was how old my mom was when she had me and since we have such a great relationship, I thought it was the perfect age difference between me and my 1st child. Little did I know at that time in my life that God already had a plan for me and already had my road laid out right in front of me. But as God presented me with the fork in the road, I took the road to the left, rather than His road to the right. The road to the left led me in a direction that was difficult and full of obstacles but now, as I look back upon that time of my life, I am glad that I went thru that period because it has shaped me into the person I am today.

After 6 years going down my own path, God once again showed me the way and I finally chose to go in His direction. I know for many people September 11, 2001 is a day that is filled with horrible memories and while it is the same for me, I find that when God closes doors he opens windows. I was supposed to be on a flight September 13 to come home for a long needed "get-away" from the then current relationship I was in. I was taking a trip home to visit my family, by myself, and was staying for a long weekend. Instead, the flight was cancelled and rescheduled for the end of the month. At that time, I was able to go home for 10 days instead of 4. It was during that time that I got connected with an old friend from high school who later became my husband.

No comments: